The Liberal Patriot Blog
 The Liberal Patriot Blog is dedicated to collecting and sharing information about National and State [New Hampshire] Political Action, News, and Events.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Ring Wing Personalities: Urge to Self Distruct

As everyone knows by now, Bill O'Reilly created a bit of a fuss when during his radio show on November 8th he, well, endorsed an Al Qaeda attack on San Francisco:

Hey, you know, if you want to ban military recruiting, fine, but I'm not going to give you another nickel of federal money. You know, if I'm the president of the United States, I walk right into Union Square, I set up my little presidential podium, and I say, "Listen, citizens of San Francisco, if you vote against military recruiting, you're not going to get another nickel in federal funds. Fine. You want to be your own country? Go right ahead."

And if Al Qaeda comes in here and blows you up, we're not going to do anything about it. We're going to say, look, every other place in America is off limits to you, except San Francisco. You want to blow up the Coit Tower? Go ahead.

Of course, that created a backlash. (Oh, and if you want to contribute to that backlash, this diary includes a list of the radio stations that carry O'Reilly's "show", as well as some of the sponsors of that show.) So O'Reilly responded Friday by clarifying that yes, he really meant exactly what he said:

I mean, look, everybody knows what's going on there. What I said isn't controversial. What I said needed to be said. I'm sitting here and I'm looking at a city that has absolutely no clue about what the world is. None. You know, if you had been hit on 9/11 instead of New York, believe me, you would not have voted against military recruting. Yet the left-wing, selfish, Land of Oz philosophy that the media and the city politicians have embraced out there is an absolute intellectual disgrace.
from daily kos

Comments: Post a Comment

< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?