The Liberal Patriot Blog
 The Liberal Patriot Blog is dedicated to collecting and sharing information about National and State [New Hampshire] Political Action, News, and Events.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

NHDP Kathy Sullivan reads my mind, my emails, and decries my laziness!


[You can read my full response in the comments! Red Text added by me for comic relief. Kathy is not the only one who can read minds!]

UPDATE: WOW! The Blog is Exploding! and this post has only been up 2 hours.

Kathy's Email:

For several months, I have ignored the nasty, usually factually incorrect slams of Jon Easton. i.e. all his blog posts! His latest e-mail requires a response, however. I will have Ray Buckley write it immediately!!

New Hampshire is a small state. That is why Bret Clemons is running for office here instead of ohio! We all have close relationships with various other activists I call my group the legion of Doom! BWAh-haha! Every single one of the potential second district candidates has ties to the NHDP. Paul Hodes, like John Dejoie, is a member of our Executive Committee. He is also a partner of Steve Gordon, who is representing the NHDP in its civil case against the NHGOP,and of Billy Shaheen, the husband of our former Governor. John Dejoie is a county chair and a member of Democratic house leadship. Brett is related to Nick Clemons and Jane Clemons. Do all of these relationships mean that none of them should run for congress? Or is it okay for one party "insider" to run, but not for others? I guess in Easton's mind, a place I long to stay, the answer is yes, to everything as long as he gets to pick the insider. [I choose the buddha of infinite compassion - jon]

Why is Jon attacking Nick Clemons? Does he secretly love him? A couple of weeks ago, Jon e-mailed our state party executive director, Nick Clemons, about a vacancy on the Coos County Democratic Committee and friendship. He asked Nick if Nick and I would do something to speed up the election to fill the vacancy, saying, "We already have plans for me to be elected in October, so it seems just a matter of time before I am elected a county officer."

In the same e-mail, Mr. Easton offered a deal: if Nick and I would meet him at NHDP headquarter at midnight he would bring a digital camera and cherries... helped him get elected prior to the September state committee meeting, he would change his tactics with the state party, saying he would drastically alter the way he handled "future disagreements". In short, he offered a quid pro quo - help him with his election, and he would stop his ongoing attacks. Nick responded by telling Jon "YOU DIE BITCH!", we defer to the county committees on scheduling, especially where the county committee was taking steps, as was the case here. He also suggested to Jon that if he had the support of the other county committee members, he should ask them to contact the county chair to move up the election.

Since the election was not held prior to the state committee meeting, it appears that Mr. Easton did not take Nick's advice. Instead, he has decided to step up his attacks, and is trying to poison the well, skin the cat, bring home the bacon, a stitch in time saves nine, the fat man walks alone against both Nick Clemons and John Dejoie.

I don't care if Jon wants to attack me; [cue passive agreessive pity violins] I've gone through six years of attacks by Republicans, who are a lot more skillful than Jon. Attacks against a hardworking employee of the state party, as well as one of our county chairs, are a different story.

Nick Clemons has done more to elect Democrats in the state of New Hampshire even counting his work with the Kerry campaign he has still helped us more than hurt us Jon Easton can hope to do in his lifetime.[That is an impressive statement when you realize I am only 30 and Nick is only 12. WOW! even I am impressed. - jon]

He is a professional ladder climber from a family that is a fixture in NH politics and Jon Easton comes from a family of janitors, and the idea that he would do anything to violate the party rules regarding neutrality is uncalled for. John Dejoie has been an excellent county chair, as well as valuable member of the house Democratic leadership. He has every right to run for congress; this is the Democratic Party, not the Politboro.[ I am even more impressed because I don't know what politboro is, DAMN MY JANITOR GENES!! ]

Back in the spring, I suggested to Jon that he send me a valentine, he did not... I am sad proposal outlining what he thought the NHDP should do differently, since he had epressed some unhappiness with the party. I also spent about a half hour talking to Jon about movies, leaves in the fall, and unicorns... and a couple of his colleagues at the state convention in April, and during that conversation I renewed my request. Please send me a valentine. Both in an e mail and in that conversation at the convention, Jon said he would provide his ideas for improvement, but five months have gone by and Jon has not sent his proposal. I guess it is easier to criticize [and fun too! - jon], than to provide constructive ideas.

I apologize [now we are getting somewhere] for this lengthy email [damn], but in fairness to the people Jon is attacking, I thought this background was important.

Kathy Sullivan NH State Democratic Party Chairman

[that should be a warning to you ALL, don't mess with "the family"]


Comments:
The power went out what did I miss? ….

Ahhh sweeeet!
HAHHAHA… YES, thank you.

I did offer Nick a deal! But the help I was asking for was NOT so I could be elected. I am running for a vacant position which no one else has expressed interest in. I was asking for them to speak to Paul Robitaille, Coos County Chair and ask him to have the election before the state committee meeting so I could take part in it OR AT LEAST ASK HIM TO RESPOND TO MY EMAILS AND PHONES CALLS!.

I asked Nick if Kathy and her zombie gatekeepers would agree to quit stonewalling my election to fill the VACANT Coos County Secretary position I would quiet down. YES… the horrible horrible truth is out… I was sadly willing to quit attacking these obstructionists if they would quit trying to shut me out of the party. My full email to Nick C. is copied below. Let me apologize to my fellow freedom fighters. It is true, I tried to play ball.

It was wrong for me to quit fighting against their obstructionist schemes just to benefit my own personal goals. I should have known better. I had tried to play ball with Paul R. for 3 months and that is what got me so screwed over in the first place.

Thankfully my tattered integrity was saved when Nick told that he only interferes in County Committees to shut people out not to bring them into the party. He didn’t really say that… heheh.. he said go to your Coos County people and get them to talk to Paul R. I knew Nick was blowing me off but I did send one more request as he suggested to all Coos County Dems to please speak to Paul R. A few people sent me emails saying they talked to Paul. I honestly don’t know if he ignored them too or if not enough people supported having the election sooner. As I said he refuses to respond to my emails or answer my phone calls.

Thank you SO SO SO much Ray for inadvertently, but finally bringing to light the kind of board room insider politics that dominate NHDP. This is what I and others have been howling about, but that many Democrats just don’t believe exists or don’t want to hear about.

As for the “a proposal outlining what he thought the NHDP should do differently”. Kathy I was born in the night but not last night. I know busy work when I hear it. Perhaps Kathy forgot that she already asked Paul R. to assign Will Cowie [when he was with the party], Scott M. and I with busy work quests to keep us too busy to fuss. Talk to the people who know me and have worked with me. Ask them if I have been doing nothing but “criticize” for 5 months.

All I can say is thank you Kathy, Nick, and Paul R. for showing me the futility of compromise and of going along to get along. I hope my people will forgive me my recent weakness. I promise from here on out. No surrender!

Peace, Jon Easton

MY EMAIL TO NICK:

Thank You Nick,

Perhaps you could help me on another issue I am having. We have had a county officer express the desire to resign and so far I have been the only person to express interest in filling her position. Our plans to make this all official had been put on the back burner until recently when we became aware of the important State Committee meeting coming up. At the last Coos County meeting we tried to resolve this issue but there was some confusion about what we could and could not do regarding holding a special election. So we made plans to have this election in October.

I verified some information with the State Office and I found out that it is indeed possible for us to hold an election before the State Committee meeting at the end of this month. I have been trying to communicate this information to my County Chair but for whatever reason I haven’t been able to get a response from him via email or phone. I was hoping to resolve this issue in time to attend the state committee meeting and there is still enough time to make this happen if I can just get in contact with my County Chair.

We already have plans for me to be elected in October, so it seems just a matter of time before I am elected to as a County Officer. I know that I have had severe and vocal disagreements with both you and Kathy Sullivan. If you were able to help me resolve this issue in time for the state committee meeting it would certainly change my opinions about the State party and drastically alter the way I will deal with any future disagreements.
 
I think anyone who wants to has a right to run. I certainly would be upset if a candidate I liked was shut out of the process just because another candidate was perfered by someone else.

What I think is most interesting is that what caused such a response. My simply pointing out the relationship between the clemons and suggesting that it was anything but even handed.

I might be really fun to go to the papers with my little opinions. Since this is war and all.
 
Post a Comment

< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?