The Liberal Patriot Blog
 The Liberal Patriot Blog is dedicated to collecting and sharing information about National and State [New Hampshire] Political Action, News, and Events.

Friday, April 01, 2005

Almost last word on SB121 and procedure

It passed the Senate yesterday supposedly by a slim margin. SB121 now moves on to the House. I can't track how anyone voted but I'll get it posted as soon as I get the info. As far as procedure goes, Jon had posted Senator Gallus's e-reply with a response that the bill will probably come out of Committee as ITL (Inexpedient to Legislate). It did so. This is simply a parliamentary manoeuvre/ political action that takes the heat from a contentious bill off the Committee members individually and allows the bill to be put to a vote on the floor. This is more often than not a move of cowardice and the members can vote nea in committee and yea on the floor. It allows way too much wiggle room and now that I can't find the voting results, I guess the wiggle room ploy worked for some. Too bad. Political expedience and bending over for special interests and lobby/campagin contributions while protecting incumbancy and fellow party members, increasing their own power, all at the expense of the Citizenry as a whole, is tragic. I'm leaning Left more and more. I'm glad I stuck with Jon and his wisdom. I'm getting quite and education loe these past couple of years. GET ACTIVE!!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?